RELEASE: LiveCode 6.6.1

Benjamin Beaumont ben at runrev.com
Wed Apr 9 05:47:17 EDT 2014

Dear LiveCode Users,

It has come to our attention that some users posted on the forums that
6.6.1 RC1 was still crashing on Windows systems despite our attempts to fix
it. With 6.6.1 now released to the public we are looking to resolve any
remaining crashing issues on Windows in LiveCode 6.6.2. We would hugely
value the support of Windows users in helping us reproduce this issue.
Internal testing of LiveCode 6.6.1 on various version of Windows seemed to
indicate that the rendering glitches, disappearing windows and crashes had
been resolved so at the moment we have not seen any crashes with LiveCode
6.6.1 GM1.

The issues on Windows 6.6 were related to a small GDI resource leak which
was plugged in 6.6.1. It caused the Windows operating system rendering
engine to get confused, stop drawing portions of or whole windows and
ultimately causing LiveCode to lockup and crashes.

Could we ask Windows users to test LiveCode 6.6.1 once again and feedback
if they experience a crash. Please report the circumstances, a crash log
(if one was generated) and if possible, a set of steps to recreate the
crash.

Thank you for your help.

Warm regards,

Ben

On 8 April 2014 16:33, Benjamin Beaumont <ben at runrev.com> wrote:

> Dear LiveCode users.
>
> LiveCode 6.6.1 is now available. This is a stable release.
>
> *Notable fixes*
> The issues on Windows with the IDE and applications freezing or not
> redrawing correctly have been fixed.
>
> *Release Contents*
>
>    - 4 bug fixes:
>       - 12010 - Windows engine hangs after multiple stack redraws.
>       - 12006 - HTTP (HTML) URLs encoded with anything other than a
>       native character set are returned incorrectly
>       - 11975 - "import snapshot from rect ..." only imports part of the
>       screen on Windows
>       - 11708 - Android apps only partially drawn after rotating device
>       during lock screen
>
> *Getting this release*
> To upgrade to this release please select "check for updates" from the help
> menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at:
> http://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/
>
> Warm regards,
>
> The LiveCode team.

Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd

LiveCode Product Manager
mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
email : ben at runrev.com
company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
web : www.runrev.com