SQLite, Unicode & LC

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:46:23 EDT 2014

Peter,

Glad I could get you over the first hurdle.

Seems though we might be hitting the 2nd hurdle at the same time.

I'm reading a file into LC and it contains this word:

Cabañesas  --the 5th char being numToChar(150) on Mac

it ends up in a variable exactly the same. I then feed it into a SQLite
database and if I view it with Valentina Studio or Navicat it appears just
the same. But if I then use LC to query the db the variable contains:

Cabañesas  --5th & 6th char are numToChar(195) & (177) on Mac

The orginal file is UTF-8, SQLite is UTF-8

I'm not so sure that this is a unicode problem as the numbers are so low,
but above 125, so maybe some other text encoding problem which I'm trying
to nut out right now.

Any insights would be much appreciated.