Screengamma

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Apr 2 19:12:12 EDT 2014

On 4/2/14 3:45 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

>On 4/2/14, 5:13 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>> This doesn't help you, but just to commiserate, PNGs have always been
>>dark
>> for me, even when pasting from other apps.  Not sure if they're darker
>> than usual in the recent versions.
>
>I didn't notice it much but my client did. They swear it didn't used to
>be that way until a couple of weeks ago (but they're fuzzy on the exact
>time.) I haven't noticed any big difference over the last couple of
>releases, but I wonder if something changed in image processing lately.
>
>But apparently you haven't seen any relative difference among the recent
>LiveCode versions, right?

Honestly, I haven't been comparing.  The color shift is mostly noticeable
if you're dealing with larger photographic images, or combining PNGs and
solid colored graphics.  I've tried a dozen tools to find some way of
tweaking PNGs before importing, but haven't found anything reliable.
Sorry.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director