Layout tools for LiveCode

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 2 17:41:29 EDT 2014

Brahmanathswami wrote:
> I'm mentoring a young man (13 years old) who is eating up LiveCode like
> it was granola, but he is used to better tools for the eye candy layer
> and asked me if there was a grid tool.. (not data grid)

A few such tools have floated around the forums I think, but they're
inherently problematic because unless written as externals that blit to
the screen they require dynamically adding and removing objects.

Far less sexy but nearly as helpful is to just turn on the Grid settings
in Prefs (see the Appearance section).

I keep mine set to 4px, which gives me plenty of freedom of movement for
nearly every layout, yet snaps things into place easily enough that I
can align without really trying.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World