LiveCode 6.6.1 (rc-1) very slow on iOS!

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Apr 2 15:58:39 EDT 2014

Hi there,

Boy did I ever make a mistake trying to upgrade from LC 6.5.2 to 6.6.0!

After the upgrade, I discovered that 6.6.0 wouldn’t see the iOS SDKs.
Then I discovered in the notes that the fix was in LC 6.6.1 (rc-1).

So I started up 6.6.1 (rc-1) and discovered that my app which used
to run my animations smoothly now shows incredibly slow stuttering
animations!

Now as I understand it from reading about this problem, is that the
move to retina has created this issue.

I tried to go back to using LC 6.5.2 and now that won’t find my SDKs.
I apparently can’t repoint to any of them either!

I suggest that a performance switch be installed so that at least we
have a choice as to how quickly we would like to have things rendered
here.  I was just about ready to get my app out the door when this
upgrade has quashed my schedule!  What was I thinking? *@$&#^!&*#(@)!

Suggestions and any help are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick