very, very slow on Mac Mini

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:10:30 EDT 2014

On 01/04/14 21:06, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>wrote:
>
>> And you didn't mention how much RAM you have in the mini.
>>

> 4gb, I think.
>
> It's used on a daily bases, powered around the clock--but the day I saw
> this, it had been brought home.
>

>>> A PPC one or an INTEL one?
>>
>> I missed the entire PPC period; I went from a powerbook 180 to an 08
> macbook . . .

That is a socking great leap.

> The mini is two or three years old.

I am inclined to think that something is sneakily working in the
background and sucking up the RAM like nobody's business.

Better have a look at all the active processes via the thing that I
think is called 'System Monitor' in the 'Utilities' folder
[nicked from Linux]. If there is something racheting up the RAM there
you can Force quit the thing and see if that makes any difference.

Good Luck.

Richmond.