occasional runaway control - anyone else seeing this?

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Tue Apr 1 13:05:49 EDT 2014

Quite a few times recently whilst developing on Windows (windows 7 x64) and
using various incarnations of LiveCode (LC 6.6, 6.6.1(rc1), LC 6.7 (dp1) I'm
getting an occasional 'runaway' behaviour.

Occasionally, on one particular stack (holding quite a few controls to make
up it's GUI) if I'm editing a group with the inspector open on the 'Size &
Position' tab - if I click the up or down arrows on the left, top, right, or
bottom scrolling list fields, followed within a second or so by another
click on the same arrow - I get a 'runaway' of the control continuing to
move in the same direction at about 1 pixel/point per second.

I'm not seeing it on LC 6.5 or 6.5.1 (or on OSX)

I don't really want to file a bug about this because I can't reproduce it -
is anyone else seeing this?

Kind regards

Dave

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior