Mixing Commercial and Community during dev.

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Sep 27 19:06:14 EDT 2013

On 28/09/2013, at 8:54 AM, tbodine <lvhdgc7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any licensing complications if one uses the Community edition
> during part of a development project but does the final build with the
> Commercial Edition? I have multiple machines, but only one has commercial
> edition. It would be nice to have flexibility during development and
> testing.

No that's not a problem. It's the engine that is GPL and that is not combined with your stack until you build the app. You may want to be careful not to build the app and distribute it to anyone with the Community edition. I do something similar myself because on the laptop I use for engine development I usually run the last version I built from source. The nice thing about that is I don't need to download anything apart from source changes and I can switch to whatever version I want from the bleeding edge of development to older releases...

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!