Inaccurate Android Setup Steps in Livecode's Tutorial

Neil Roger neil at runrev.com
Tue Sep 24 15:27:29 EDT 2013

Hi Ray et al.

Thank you for bringing the in-correct information in the Android lesson
to our attention. I have amended this to reflect the up to date layout
of the oracle website.

If you have installed the Java JDK and then configured the Android SDK
according to the "how-do-i-become-an-android-developer" lesson then you
should receive no errors when attempting to set LiveCodes mobile support
preferences.

We recently created an general setup video for one of our academies. I
have extracted the Android lesson from this and uploaded it here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83qrKr9bR3M&feature=youtu.be

Although this video has been created on the Mac platform, the only major
difference is not needing to install the JDK when working on a Mac. The
remaining setup is almost identical across platforms.

Let me know how you get on with the video and if you still experience
issues with Android Setup

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--