AW: OT: The Win UAC puts a shield on my program icon

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Sep 24 07:48:54 EDT 2013

Hi Mark and Dave,

the question is, why this happens up to now only at one single customer,
while the same program runs without signing without UAC interference at all
other installations. On the first view this customer has no special security
settings, the UAC settings are actually the same as on my developing
machine.

Up to now I tried to avoid signing, because of the additional action and the
annual fees for the certificate I would have to pay to MS / Apple.
Do you handle this subject? Are you all buy certificates and sign your
desktop applications?

Thanks for your experiences
Tiemo

Auftrag