OT: The Win UAC puts a shield on my program icon

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Sep 24 03:01:52 EDT 2013

Hello,

At a customer of mine on win 7 the UAC has put a shield symbol on top of the
program icon and prompts the UAC security window at every start of my
program. It's not the setup of my program, it's the program itself and the
exe name doesn't include any word like setup or install.

At the system control the UAC is set to the "standard" level, there is only
one user on this machine belonging to the admin group and my program is the
only one on this machine with this behavior but at no other customer, nor on
my test machines. I already googled quite a time without finding an answer,
perhaps somebody here has any experience with this what causes this
behavior?

Tiemo