pasting from browser text

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Sep 23 19:18:32 EDT 2013

Thanks Scott,
I know how to screen scrape from the html source...

I want to use the contents of the clipboard to just get the part I need.
And this return business is getting in the way.... I get a block of text
with question marks instead of returns.   I'm not sure how actual question
marks show up yet.

There are no LFs or any other control characters in the copied text other
than the question marks.  I've tried using clipboardData[rtf]
and clipboardData unicode] and setting the field to the appropriate mode.
 No difference.

I have a utility I created to examine the various keys in the
clipboardData, and it gives me a hex dump of the contents of any of the
keys....

By the way, the text copied from the browser pastes perfectly into
Tex-Edit, an application that I've used for over 20 years and has a nice
way to display the ascii value of any character in its text.

Could this be a problem with the way that Livecode copies text into
clipboardData?

this should just work.

--

Stephen Barncard