PDF's to PNG's on Windows 8

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Sep 23 06:42:37 EDT 2013

Just to say that I can endorse Thierry's external, which I'm using in a commercial product. I have not in fact tried it on Windows 8, but it should be fine as it works in Windows 7 and XP - if Thierry says it will work with Windows 8, I'm sure it will. It does exactly what I needed it to do, which is to make a bitmap within a PDF (in my case a geographical map) available to LiveCode.

My product really doesn't need a Mac or a Linux version, but I must say it would be good if a robust cross-platform solution were available. I think it would be possible to code one entirely natively, but it would be a big job. One day... In fact there is a cross-platform program out there in the Open Source world, ImageMagick, but in my case I couldn't reconcile either the licensing terms or the way one was supposed to integrate it (or not) into one's product with what I needed, so Thierry came to my rescue.

HTH

Graham