Weird script problem & where can I find a Livecode developer?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed Sep 18 15:37:27 EDT 2013

I have an interesting problem. But I must first say that I have often experienced a script that doesn't work properly at first but then after going through it once  in debugging mode with no errors it subsequently DOES work without making any changes whatsoever. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I have on numerous occasions. A little weird, but not horribly inconvenient. When a script doesn't work, I go through it line by line in debug mode (as anybody would) and then the script works in the IDE and standalone as long as there was no error in debug mode!?!

Now I have a script that when it executes seems to lock the screen after one speceific line, so none of the visual changes after that point are shown, but the script runs to the end and then all the changes that happened invisibly are indeed there. What is especially interesting is that this is an iPad app, with two app stacks for the two screen different resolutions. All scripts are identical with the exception of location and size references of course. In this script there is no" lock screen" line. The regular resolution scripts all work perfectly, as do all of the retina display scripts with this single exception. I have gone through it several times in debug mode. If I put a breakpoint at the line where it seems to lock the screen and then go line by line it works with no errors. If I move the breakpoint a few lines down, it locks and the same line and stays locked until the new breakpoint, after which it works fine. But in regular mode the screen seems to lock at that same point and stays locked until the script ends. Then all the changes are there. I don't even know if this makes sense at all. Suggestions are indeed welcome!

The regular resolution app is on my iPad Mini and the retina app is on my iPad 3. I use Livecode 5.5.1 on a previous generation iMac.

Speaking of LiveCode 5.5.1 - I recall a post stating that iDevice apps made with 5.5.1 would automatically rejected. Is there a patch or fix for this?

Besides that, I thought I remembered on an older version of the RunRev site a place where Runrev developers could make their paid services available and people like me needing help and are willing to pay for it could find them. Or am I imagining this? At any rate, I would like to pay a real LiveCode pro for a little help (in my estimation a few hours worth) with an iPad app. Where should I look for somebody? I don't think this forum is the right place for this