determining if cursor is in last line of a field

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 11:43:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Peter M. Brigham <pmbrig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure what you mean, "how the field is actually formatted." If you are
> talking about possibly having empty lines following the last text in the
> field, then
>    the number of lines of (word 1 to -1 of fld "myField")
> would work. Compare this value with
>    the number of lines of char 1 to (word 4 of the selectedchunk) of fld
> "myField"
>
> Maybe I don't understand the problem, though.

If I have "my dog has fleas" in a field, the number of lines of this field
is always 1.

If the width of the field causes it to display as

   my dog
   has fleas

and the cursor is after "has", the selectedLine is 2.

But how do I determine that the number of lines, as formatted, in this
field is 2?

If someone hits a down arrow in the first line, I want to pass it to go to
the second line, but if they hit it in the second, I want to jump to
another field in another group.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462