Converting Python

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Sep 17 12:31:40 EDT 2013

Richard-

Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 9:21:29 AM, you wrote:

> Mark Wieder wrote:

>> Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 7:37:41 AM, Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> http://newsletters.livecode.com/june/issue50/newsletter1.php
>>
>> <g> I'd forgotten about that article. But bear in mind that I have it
>> on good authority that the alternatelanguages function and the "do as"
>> functionality will never be supported on linux...

> ...until some intrepid soul dives into the code base to make it happen.

> Got several weeks of spare time on your hands? :)

I did it already. It ain't gonna happen. Here's the rejection notice:

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=15814#p80662

Anyone who wants the code to fork their own copy of the engine with
alternatelanguage support is welcome to it.

https://github.com/mwieder/livecode/tree/linux_alternate_languages

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net