Okay, I think I'm brain damaged -- nope, I figured it out

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 14 14:14:43 EDT 2013

I once had a notion to write a sort of "simple" expert system which
would analyze scripts according to the rules I look for when doing code
review manually, and offer suggestions for rewriting things it finds
which can be better optimized.

But the more I thought about it I quickly realized it's a far from
"simple" task.

I think of myself as being only reasonably bright, certainly replaceable
with a well-written script, but there are things even simple-minded
humans do cognitively that seem easy but are very difficult to transfer
to a machine too stupid to count past 1.  Not impossible, as we see a
lot of interesting advancements in AI every year, but certainly more
work than I can justify attempting.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World