Okay, I think I'm brain damaged -- nope, I figured it out

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Sep 14 13:56:00 EDT 2013

Roger-

Saturday, September 14, 2013, 7:31:48 AM, you wrote:

> I said this is a naive view, but my vision of LiveCode is that it can be
> more efficient by being smarter at the core. Many developers prefer
> absolute control, i.e. regular expressions, arrays, etc. but others want a
> human syntax to complex operations, and let the engine convert it, if
> necessary, to an optimal form for processing. I am one of the others, btw.
> :)

Much as I like the idea of having the computer do all my thinking for
me <g> (shouldn't the engine be capable of determining the best sort
algorithm for a given set of data?) I think the overhead of having to
make those decisions would probably more than offset any performance
gains once the best algorithm was determined.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net