New 6.1.1 Properties

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Sep 13 16:22:58 EDT 2013

On 14/09/2013, at 3:17 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> 6.1.1 has three properties returned by the propertynames that are not in
> the dictionary nor mentioned in the release notes:
>
> controlids
> controlnames
> lockupdates
>
> Anyone know what these are?

Good catch Pete

These were contributed by me before the docs were in the repo and I assumed (obviously wrongly) that someone who had access was doing them.

lockUpdates is a group property which disables resetting the group (rect, scrollbars etc) when you do something to a child control like move it. You want to use this to optimise performance if your changing lots of properties on children and only need the group to refresh at the end.  It's a session only property (not saved).

controlIDs and controlNames are like childControlIDs and childControlNames however they parse all the children recursively rather than just direct descendants.

I guess I'd better add documenting these to my todo list unless someone else feels like having a go?

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!