lcVCS - Getting started

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Sep 12 20:34:28 EDT 2013

On 13/09/2013, at 10:01 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

>> So I'd just need to have a line offset rather than a char offset.
>> I think I can change my conflict parser to do that...
>
> I think both are necessary: a line offset and a char offset into the
> line.

Ah, well the conflict markers will always be the start of the line so I guess 0 there.

>> Does this support script editors in both tabbed and multi-window
>> mode?
>
> No idea, sorry.

OK... needs some experimentation

>> What would be nice is an extension of the edit script command
>> with a chunk so the editScript handler got two parameters
>> theObject,theChunk and then any IDE could be upgraded to handle this
>> nicely...
>
> That would indeed be nice, but I suppose we have to wait until the IDE
> team is ready to accept pull requests. The goLine command was as close
> as I could come to an exposed api call.

Well I guess if we upgraded the edit command then submit an enhancement request the IDE team might help out...

I hadn't thought about supporting multiple script editors yet. How does one tell if GLX is the user's current choice of script editor?

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services