lcVCS - Getting started

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Sep 12 19:58:01 EDT 2013

On 13/09/2013, at 9:33 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Monte-
>
> Thursday, September 12, 2013, 3:14:43 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Well one thing I'd like to work out is if it's possible to open
>> up a script editor with the scroll so that a specific char offset
>> from the beginning of the script is visible. I think it's possible
>> but it probably involves poking around in the script editor to work
>> it out. This is for the conflict resolution UI. If you want to work
>> that out it would be one less thing on my todo list ;-)
>
> I had to figure this out for glx2 as well:
>
> dispatch "goLine" to group "Editor" of stack "revNewScriptEditor" \
>  with pLineNumber, pType, pStartPosition, pEndPosition
> -- where pType is one of "selection" or "position"
>
> ...for glx2 just replace "revNewScriptEditor" with "revGLX2 Code"

So I'd just need to have a line offset rather than a char offset. I think I can change my conflict parser to do that... Does this support script editors in both tabbed and multi-window mode?

What would be nice is an extension of the edit script command with a chunk so the editScript handler got two parameters theObject,theChunk and then any IDE could be upgraded to handle this nicely...

edit [chunk of] the script of objectRef

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding