Okay, I think I'm brain damaged -- nope, I figured it out

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Thu Sep 12 16:30:49 EDT 2013

I remember someone saying that "before" was the most taxing to the engine.

It is so, and the point where things go south occurs much sooner. Whereas the slowdown takes place at a million plus with "after", the slowdown happens between 10,000 and 100,000 with "before":

on mouseUp
   put "XXX" into temp
   put the ticks into s
   repeat 10000 -- (10,000) about 25 ticks. But a minute with 100,000
      put temp before accum
   end repeat
   answer the ticks - s
end mouseUp