Field calculations

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 20:06:12 EDT 2013

Vaughn.

I think you are doing what many new users try to do. That is, to engage the program right out of the box, and simply become LC programmers. There is no other environment where such an achievement is even remotely possible, but you are stumbling over two things:

1- That LC seems so simple you are lulled into thinking you can become proficient immediately.
2- That LC is so accessible and flexible you need not concern yourself with its very formal syntax and structure.

But if you persevere for just a little while longer, I will wager you will soon write back something like:

"Oh, I get it now"

Bet you...

Craig Newman