Unwanted password protection

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Sep 10 13:06:59 EDT 2013

I'm feeling stupid, but I don't understand this:

I'm using LC 6.1.1 (rc 4) on a Mac with Lion 10.7.5. I just opened a stack which I haven't opened for a couple of months, and I find that the scripts of all of its substacks and their cards are password protected - the mainstack isn't.

I didn't do this, so how did it happen? This stuff is under development and at this stage I have no interest in protecting any scripts.

I have another mainstack where this doesn't happen. The only obvious difference between the two is that the anomalous one has to be opened with messages suppressed to stop it running a script when it loads - I then switch messages back on as soon as the stack shows up. Not sure if this difference is meaningful, since even when I don't suppress messages, the substacks are still locked.

Tried the same thing in LC 5.5.4 (the oldest version of LC I have on my machine) and nothing is locked.

I have not been using LC for a bit  - did I miss something?

Graham