Anyone have an old Pentium II machine?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Sep 8 18:24:01 EDT 2013

For versions 1 and 6 (I didn't bother initially with the intermediate ones).

Here's the full result:
(all on Macbook Pro, OSX 10.8.4, and the built-in Python version 2.7.5)
(code, except for putting in a loop to do them all, as sent in the
earlier email)

method 1
time 0.025813  taking  3874016.96819

method 2
time 3.024751  taking  33060.5725893

method 3
time 0.053624  taking  1864836.64031

method 4
time 0.032143  taking  3111097.28401

method 5
time 0.069747  taking  1433753.42309

method 6
time 0.019208  taking  5206164.09829

Clearly the relative speeds are very different from what they were back
at Python 2.2

-- Alex.