eBook Academy Set-up

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Fri Sep 6 09:22:17 EDT 2013

Hi Mark,

Am 06.09.2013 um 15:17 schrieb Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Yes, QuickTime needs to be installed to play an MP4 clip. I just tried it in LC 5.5, on Windows 8 with QT installed.
> The sound played, but the picture didn't update. I was unable to use the stop playing command and the number of videoClips reported 0 :-D I guess it isn't too reliable.

thanks for the confirmation, I was afraid I had missed a serious and important update! 8-)

On the Mac the LOC of the video was set to 0,0, but it played and couldn't be stopped with "play stop vc"!
Sigh, looks like a lot of clueless and disappointed postings on the forum in the next time... ;-)

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Mark Schonewille
>
> On 9/6/2013 15:02, Klaus major-k wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> just received the new LC Newsletter and took a lolok at the "eBook Academy Set-up" page,
>> where I saw this script snippet:
>> on openCard
>>    if the environment is "mobile" then
>>       send "playMobileVideo" to me in 0 milliseconds
>>    else
>>
>>    ### DESKTOP !!!!
>>       play videoClip (specialfolderpath("desktop")& "/BitterRevenge/Video/Intro.mp4")
>>    ### !!!!
>>
>>    end if
>> end openCard
>>
>> Hm, did the new multimedia engine already find its place into the last version of LC and I missed it?
>> I highly doubt this does work on Windows this way. But I would love to be wrong ;-)
>>
>> This will work with QuickTime installed on the Win machine and when using a PLAYER object.
>> Not?

Best

Klaus
--