Unicode worries

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 15:22:58 EDT 2013

Having invested a lot of time and effort into Unicode work over the last
few years,
and, should it suddenly yield a semi-respectable financial reward, I
will seriously
consider investing in the Commercial version of Livecode when all the
kickstarter goals have
been completed.

What worries me is how 'real' this will turn out to be:

"We need to ensure that all existing LiveCode script will continue to
work as it currently does"

in terms of this:

"We are replacing all engine string usage with a modern form that will
allow us to provide transparent unicode support".

I have no particular urge to have to recode 4 years of scripting.

Richmond.