Script Editor "Go To Definition"

Philip Hudson phil.hudson at iname.com
Wed Sep 4 05:10:43 EDT 2013

On 4 Sep, 2013, at 2:52 am, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
> wrote:
>> I believe that's correct. I use the IDE's script editor as little as
>> possible, so for the most part its bugs don't really affect me.
>

> Is there work happening to let us use real editors in the IDE?  Being
> able to use vim would be wonderful
>
> (ok.  *sigh*  I suppose we should let the heretics have EMACS, too.
> Hmm, is there a way to code it to allow any editor *but* EMACS?)
>
> :)

+1 for external editors. I'd be glad to (help) develop an xTalk-
editing major mode for emacs.

For those who don't know, emacs is where Bill A got the idea of a
live, dynamic, interactive, full-screen editing environment written in
itself with a standard text container type and a message box for
interaction.

My condolences on your editor choice, Doc :-)

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63