Using photos in mobile devices

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Oct 23 00:32:44 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>wrote:

> Why is this anyway?  On android, you must first set the width and height of
> the templateimage, then call mobilPickPhoto "camera" -- no x, no y.  If
> LiveCode KNOWS that it is running on an android device, why can it not use
> the size parameters to set the templateimage size without the need for
> special os-specific code?  The #comment makes it sound like Android is
> inferior and can't do it, which is wrong.

You don't really want the engine to start deciding for itself what we want the template object properties to be do you?

Android and iOS are quite different platforms so sometimes you can't do what you can do on one on the other one. iOS SDK allows you to specify the image size you want.

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services