Message Path and Groups Oddity

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Oct 19 14:20:35 EDT 2013

Thanks for the nice words, guy. I'm always glad when I can reduce the
amount of screaming going on in someone's head.

One trick I sometimes use when I want an object to be hidden but still
enabled is to set its blendlevel to 99. That makes it almost impossible
to see, but still allows clicks and messages. But if you want the
messages to go back to the stack, that won't work.

The only reason I can think of that you'd want mouse handlers at the
stack level is if you plan to have many objects using the same handlers.
In that case I'd assign behaviors rather than use a stack script. It
would be more efficient and would also be more selective, so that clicks
on the card or other unrelated objects wouldn't be intercepted wrongly.

If you can tell us why you need the messages to go to the stack level,
maybe we can figure out a better way.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com