Trapping for mouseDown on the desktop on a Mac

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Sun Oct 13 14:55:48 EDT 2013

Ken,

I don't think you even need to go into a polling mode, as soon as user drags an item onto a stack it triggers a 'dragMove' message so trapping that should work on both platforms.

Tried a few tests with a small stack and tackling the problem from a different angle seems to do the trick on OSX and Win7.

Ray, the test stack is here, hope it helps… https://www.dropbox.com/s/hddd6qx0vmilsot/Drag%20and%20Drop%20text.livecode - no restrictions on use!

Paul