"Be This Guy"

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Oct 13 13:02:52 EDT 2013

Richmond-

Sunday, October 13, 2013, 12:30:10 AM, you wrote:

> Anyone can code rather like any European can speak Mandarin Chinese;
> with an incredible amount of effort, time and instruction.

True, but I think it misses the point somewhat. I haven't seen the ad
in question, so I can't comment on that directly. I can, however, say
that coding like a European speaking Mandarin may be enough to spark
some interest in going further and then diving head (or feet, it
matters not) first into the LC world, making mistakes, asking for
help, and then gaining enough experience along the way to start
helping others on the same path. It's the community paying it forward
that moves this process along, not so much the documentation or the
training materials. But the introductory materials are very important
for those crucial first steps.

> If I were to state "I speak Bulgarian", giving the imporession that I
> have a very high standard in the language that would be dishonest and wrong.

...and after x years of xtalk, would you say you could code? I don't
think it's a binary yes-or-no question... I think there are levels and
degrees of knowledge, experience, comfort...

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net