"Be This Guy"

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 03:19:03 EDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 06:23 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Mike Kerner wrote:
> > Anyone can write a novel, too, by the way.  That doesn't demean the
> > knowledge of folks who are experts using it.
>
> That's a typewriter usability issue.  Once typewriter designers care
> enough about end-users to improve things, we'll all be Steinbecks.

On that note; I, recenly, picked up a series of short stories by Thomas
Steinbeck. That Steinbeck (son of John)
seems alright vis-a-vis typing, but his stories are but pale shadows of
his father's work.

No; even with marvellous typewriters, very, very few people will be John
Steinbecks, while quite a few more
will be Thomas Steinbecks, and most will be doing something they are
better at.