AW: Compatability Livecode projects on OSX and Windows

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Oct 10 03:48:43 EDT 2013

Hi Beat,

my primary developing platform is windows, but for finishing the mac version
I always copy the stacks over to my mac, do testing, finishing, building
installer, etc.
>From version 2.7 up to 6.1 I always had and have troubles with Unicode
problems. In the years I had all kind of mostly non reproducible troubles
with german umlaute etc. I had corrupted scripts, where all diacriticals
were changed to strange characters with the consequence, that no script was
running anymore. I didn't experienced this bug for a long time, but
corrupted properties, e.g. the standalone settings, if they include german
umlaute is still a today behavior. The latest Unicode problem was in version
6.0.2, where the IDE crashed on mac everytime opening a stack coming from a
windows machine with german umlaute in the stack title. This bug is solved
in 6.1.
Nevertheless I am working on both platforms, because of my workflow I have
to. But I am always aware of possible trouble and always have to check for
corrupted characters, everytime I take the stacks over. Setting hope into
the new Unicode project, which is queued.
If I interpret your first name right, you could be from Switzerland and then
you should also be aware of these issues.
Just my two cents of experience.
Tiemo

Auftrag
> von Beat Cornaz
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013 22:24
> An: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Betreff: Compatability Livecode projects on OSX and Windows
>
> Are there any issues with starting a Livecode project on OSX, then copy it
> to a Windows laptop , continue working on it and then going back to the
OSX