A Text file format for LiveCode

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Oct 7 19:14:22 EDT 2013

On 08/10/2013, at 6:43 AM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> 1) Search and Replace terms in all the handlers
> of all stacks. Notice that many developers have published
> stacks to export stacks as text, but this is a one way
> conversion.

We already have that in the IDE.

> 2) Commenting code will be, as you pointed, easier.

Well that's closely related to the version control systems these sites are built on. I guess it could be used for code review though.

> 3) New tools for analyzing, optimizing and refactoring
> LiveCode scripts and stacks would use these text files
> instead of their binary counterparts... This would be
> an extraordinary advance for this platform.

I don't really understand where the advantage is there either. Are these tools written in other languages? If so why?

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services