import snapshot - send to server

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 10:00:48 EDT 2013

On 10/06/2013 11:21 AM, Jim sims wrote:
>   I'm trying to:
>
>   import a snapshot -- which becomes "last image"
>
>   then FTP that last image to a server
>

> I've tried with and without "as JPG"
>

> A file gets sent to the server but when I try to open it I get  "damaged or
> file format not recognized"
>

> Any ideas on how to get it on the server as a jpg?
>
> *
> *
>
> *   put "1234.jpg" into *tFileUp
>
> *   import* snapshot from rectangle   tRect *--as JPEG*
>
>     *put* last image into URL ("ftp://user:pw@XXX/XX/XXX/"&tFileUp)

I have a feeling (from about 10 years ago, so may be complete rubbish)
that images,
regardless of whether they originate as a JPG, PNG, BMP or whatever, are
stored inside Livecode stacks
in a Livecode-specific format.

Probably better to EXPORT a JPG and then upload it to where-ever via FTP.

Richmond.