Strict compilation mode

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 13:54:08 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> I haven't used v6 much so far but you're scaring me!  What's the problem?
>  I'm of course aware of the shadowing variable name issue; it happens
> infrequently enough for me that I'm willing to put up with it.  Is it worse
> in v6?

Yes, it's the shadows.

In 5, we quit and restart.  Maybe 1 time in 10, we have to do a couple of
restarts with save with strictCompilation off.

In 6, that doesn't always work.  I had to give up.  But after repeated
failed tries in 6, I was able to open in 5 on the first attempt.  I then
tried 6, and it was still shadowed.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462