In-app purchase options

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Wed Oct 2 16:13:25 EDT 2013

This my iOS success

1) First set up your in-app purchase products in iTunes Connect(wait to be
approved).
2) Add in-app purchases to both your development and production provisioning
profiles.
3) Add a test account in iTunes Connect. This will allow you to buy in the
sandbox and not incur any charges.

Now the code is a little more tricky depending on the type of IN-app
purchase product.

It look like you will use non-renewing-subscription. This will require your
app to keep track of the amount of time the user has used the product and
expire the app when appropriate. I use a remote MySql db to keep track of
the subscriptions keyed by the email address. I also use a SQLite locally in
the app to keep track when there is no network is available and the sync
them back up when the network comes back on-line.

After I review the code I put up a pseudo code summary.

I am implementing this on Android and will post my trials and tribulations.

Stand by....film at 11.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services