Feedback request: getProp/setProp and lockMessages

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Nov 27 14:37:11 EST 2013

On 28/11/2013, at 4:29 AM, Robert Mann <rman at free.fr> wrote:

> oop!s answering to myself :: can you confirm you meant using the "pass to
> top" form I just discovered! ?? Still if you have an example, would be
> useful! thanks.

You can use pass or pass to top. You would use pass to top if you are concerned there may be other setprop handlers for that property in the message path that may not pass. As long as the setProp is passed eventually to the engine then the target gets it's property set.

The thing we can't do here is pass with a modified parameter which is where you might want to set the property of the target but if you use the customPropertySet syntax it avoids the recursion.... still pass with modified parameters might be a helpful thing in sone circumstances...

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!