Opening multiple files from a script in XP

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Nov 26 15:25:46 EST 2013

Hi all.

I have gotten an app to beta, and am now trying to open multiple PDF files in Windows XP by script. I can open them from Windows Explorer and they will open multiple instances in Reader, but if I attempt this from a script, only the first one opens. The result is “ Process is already open”. The exact same stack works a peach in OS X Mavericks. Any ideas?

I’m going to hazard a guess and say that launch document does not work with multiple documents in Win XP. It might in Win 7 but I don’t have an available instance to test with right now.

Bob