Feedback request: getProp/setProp and lockMessages

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Nov 23 12:14:34 EST 2013

Richard-

Saturday, November 23, 2013, 7:34:03 AM, you wrote:

> If the cost to developers is as low relative to the benefits as I think
> they are this change would likely appear in a new build soon (perhaps
> not the next one but probably not long after).  So please take a moment
> to think this over, and offer your feedback here.

I cautiously think this is a Good Thing. My hesitation is that
lockMessages is critically important in being able to rescue stacks
that have been set into infinite loops in resize and preopenstack
handlers, etc. I realize that this change won't affect those because
they're system messages and so would be masked, but I keep thinking
that *somehow* there's a way to get into trouble. But since I can't
come up with a problem situation right now, I'll give this one thumb
up and cross the other one behind my back. Ouch.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com