app won't run in Android simulator

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Nov 22 15:43:34 EST 2013

On 11/22/13 1:53 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:
> Just for fun I tried LC 6.5 RC7. Same results.
>
> I’ve got to be doing something wrong. Perhaps a setting in standalone
> settings that I’m missing? Or is LC possibly not compatible with the
> latest Android SDK? Do I need to specify a certain version of Android
> in my AVD settings? Not really sure what to do...

Have you tried debugging it? You can insert logging commands into the
script so at least you know how far it got. You can also use an
errorDialog handler to write errors to stndout, which will appear in
terminal.

Mobile debugging on Android:
<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/resources_mobiledebugging.html>

The debugging notes recommend just looking for LiveCode reports, but if
you don't see anything relevant then I'd just use the plain logcat
command without any filters. That should tell you where things went
wrong if you can plow through all the rest of the deluge it produces.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com