Jiggly splash screens

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 14:49:59 EST 2013

Hi All,

I believe that this thread deserves closure. If in a near future
a developer search the mail list for answers to this topic, her/him
will left with the false impression that it's not possible to recreate
in LiveCode the effect asked by Richmond.

Actually, the stack posted by Hermman is, from my point of view,
the solution. Visit the Livecode's forum and download the last stack
posted by Hermman [-hh]

http://forums.runrev.com/download/file.php?id=2508

Have a nice day!

Al

---------------------
Hermman posted in the Livecode's forum,
on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:49 pm:

Further improvements for a smooth resizing are achieved as follows.

    Change size of an object with ONE setting. Here for example:
    set rect of img "TOM" to 0,0,DIMZ,DIMZ
    Instead of resizing the stack set the windowshape of this stack
    (make tom's background transparent for this to work)
    Lock messages before the two repeats

This all together works on my oldest machine (PPC/Tiger) very good.
And it is pretty fast. I recently used this technique elsewhere and
apply it now for your Halloween-like TOM.

splash2.livecode.zip
    (154.93 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

For the polygon graphic object it may be best to make first a snapshot
of the stack window, edit the image to make it's background transparent
(or do it both by script) and then apply the technique from above.

For this graphic object the SVG stretch goal will probably allow
to avoid the snapshot.