RELEASE: LiveCode 6.5 RC7

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 22 14:19:14 EST 2013

Possibly.  First determine if that's the case.

I've had mixed results with special requests at Dreamhost.  I believe
they want to be accommodating where practical, but when managing so many
hundreds of machines there's only so much they can do to tailor one for
a single customer.  Hosting is a commodity business with low margins, so
I understand where they're coming from.

If DH is unable to do what you need (assuming package installations are
needed at all), other options include VPSes, colos, dedicated servers,
or migrating the domain you need this specialized graphics support on to
a smaller hosting company in a better position to tailor per customer.

I moved a few accounts from DH to InterServer for that reason back in
Feb., and have been quite pleased with them.  In addition to their
shared hosting account, which is very much on par with DH in
price/features, I also got a VPS through them - starting as low as
$6/mo.  Fastest service I've ever seen in the hosting biz too, with most
emails answered in just minutes.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World