Character encoding using LC server on on-rev

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Fri Nov 22 09:26:59 EST 2013

This falls into the category of answering your own question, but
I decided to post the answer just in case an archive search by
someone with the same problem brings them here.

For some reason the normal charset command in the HTML <head>
does not work in a .irev or .lc page. But if you put this at the
top of your page before anything else is output, your page
encoding is properly set:
<?lc
put header "Content-Type: text/html; charset=shift-jis"
?>

Have tested with shift-jis and utf-8 and both work fine.

FWIW

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan