item delimiter defaults

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Nov 22 00:27:54 EST 2013

On 22/11/2013, at 3:33 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> I agree that arrays are better. Now if only LC would return an array of
> data returned from a database query, main key record number,  subkey column
> name, we might not need this new column entity.

It's pretty easy to write a function to turn a query into an array like that. Depending on the amount of data you're dealing with it may or may not be a good idea to get it all into one variable like that. The reason why revdb doesn't have an option like that is probably because multi-dimensional arrays aren't supported by the externals sdk... at least not the one revdb is written in. The new one does although I haven't played with it as it's only been un-#ifdef'ed out recently.

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!