item delimiter defaults

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Nov 21 18:37:38 EST 2013

On 22/11/2013, at 10:12 AM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Seems like most folks issues revolve around having tab as a delimiter, no
> doubt because of the way LC returns data from a database, so if a new
> "thingy" named "column" could use the columnDelimiter setting, I could live
> without a global or stack level default.

It's probably not all that tricky to add this... I guess you would want row also. The parser would need to disallow use of both column and item or row and line I think. In that case it's basically just a case of adding the chunk type and getting the right thing from the exec point. However for a complete implementation we would want column and row everywhere we have item and line. sort, filter, offset and so on...

Cheers

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services