item delimiter defaults

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 21 14:15:42 EST 2013

I have always hated the comma, since 198-whatever it was.  Other than CSV
files, I can't think of a datasource that uses commas as a delimiter, so I
am always changing it.  The same thing goes for the LF being a line
delimiter - I can't even remember the last time I hit a datasource that
used it.  Very occasionally I'll hit something that uses CRLF, but it's
almost always CR.

Then again, I'm also the guy who keeps preaching that all items were
created equal, including the last one, even when it's empty, and especially
because once again, I can't come up with a datasource that thinks otherwise.

I hope no one will be terribly insulted when I say
Legacy is good enough for the Amish.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."