Dreaming up Webservices with LC server

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 07:53:32 EST 2013

Hi Malte

Andre Garcia has published a lightweight REST library with which you easily use to provide a REST service. It's called revspark ( http://andregarzia.com/pages/en/revspark/ ) and is modelled on Ruby's Sinatra.

Personally, I think that REST is the way to go so that you can avoid all the heavy, boilerplating required by SOAP (though I'm no expert_.

By the way, what is a web service other than a web site which returns XML or JSON (or CSV data) instead of HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

Regards

Peter
http://LiveCode1001.blogspot.com