Differentiating a substack from a mainstack

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Nov 20 20:52:18 EST 2013

On 21/11/2013, at 12:35 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> Unfortunately, I need this for my lcStackBrowser plugin so I have no
> control over setting the stack name.  I think I'll just have to tell users
> to use the lcStackBrowser mechanism for creating new main/substacks - they
> work better any way :-)

Can't you trap the mainstackChanged message in a frontScript? I'm doing some GIT IDE integration stuff related to lcVCS and I've been enjoying creating behaviors for IDE objects... in particular grandparent behaviors for the SE template behaviors... mouseMove toolTip git blame on on the line numbers is my favorite but the sheet dialog showing the log and script diff when you click on a log line is shaping up nicely ;-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11969754/PastedGraphic-1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11969754/PastedGraphic-2.png

So you could set a behavior on revFrontScript

before mainstackChanged pOldStack, pNewStack
 -- whatever you need here
end mainstackChanged

Cheers

--